Childcare - Level 1 & 2
This is an introductory course for anyone who is considering a career in education or early years settings such as:
- voluntary sector / private day nurseries
- maintained nursery schools
The courses include project-based learning, workplace visits and enrichment activities to give you a clear insight into the Early Years Sector. Learners who can demonstrate that they are ‘job ready’ will be offered work experience opportunities.
Applicants will be asked to take an Initial Assessment.
Maths/English GCSEs D-F or Functional Skills EL3. Some GCSEs at A-D / L1 qualifications.
There may be limited spaces to join the course at Level 2 in January 2018. Applicants will need to provide evidence of Maths/English GCSE grade 3/D or FS L1.
Relevant entry level roles /industries
Early Years Assistant
Early Years Practitioner
Progress to further training or employment, for example:
- Early Years Educator Apprenticeships
- Employment opportunities within the early years sector
- Further training at a college or training provider